Subtropical Fruit Group
Contact: Elkena Ben Yashar
Tel: 972-4-6953577, 972-50-365823 Elkanabn@migal.org.il
Ongoing R&D Projects
- Raising yields in avocados and mangoes
- Improving fruit quality in avocados and mangoes;
- Acclimatizing new subtropical crops;
- Applying new knowledge in litchi.
- Comparison of different stocks and breeding material for mango.
- Control of black spot developing in cold stored persimmons.
- Cultivation of low mango tree with limited root system, as a basis for a high yield of quality fruit.
- Technologies for early autumn treatments to improve blossoming in mango.
- Technologies for early harvest and improving fruit size in avocado.
- Technologies for the early ripening of persimmon and lengthening season.
- Technologies for ensuring differentiation in avocado and mangoes.
- Technologies for identification and treatment of blight in mango.
- Improvement of fruit quality in persimmons by use of nitrate and phosphate fertilizers.
- Improving budding and yield of large fruit in avocados.
- Improving tree performance under arid conditions in mango.
- Inclusive plan for optimisation and saving sewage water.
- Increasing fertility and yield in mango by treatments to improve blossoming and bud-set.
- Increasing fruit size and yield in mango.
- Increasing yield and fruit size and early ripening in litchi by early blossoming, improving bud-set and reducing bud-drop.
- Maintaining open and fruitful orchards of mangoes.
- Orchard structure and development of management to enable avocado orchard to be open to light and with a potential for high blossoming and yield
- Prevention of leaf abscission in avocado during blossoming.
- Treatments in mango orchards to raise fruit quality: colour (Keith), fruit size (Keith and Maya) and internal darkening (Kent).
- Treatments and technologies to create open mango orchard.
- Technologies for proper use of dendrometer and phyto monitors in mango.